New Graduate Staff Nurse
|Job Type:||Clinical Support|
|Vacancy Group:||St. Vincent's University Hospital|
Welcome New Graduate Nurses
St. Vincent’s University Hospital is currently accepting applications for New Graduate Nurses for full – time permanent positions across all areas.
St. Vincent’s University Hospital (SVUH) is one of the world’s leading academic teaching hospitals providing front line, acute, chronic and emergency care across over 40 different medical specialities – in the country’s only integrated multi-hospital campus.
We are recognised worldwide for setting standards of excellence in clinical diagnosis and treatment, education and research and a pioneering, multi-disciplinary approach to patient care. We are the only public hospital in Ireland with international accreditation.
Graduate Mentorship Programme
The Graduate Mentorship Programme has been introduced in conjunction with Nursing Practice Development. Our aim is to offer graduates the opportunity to transfer their education and develop their skills in a supportive environment while also exposing them to challenges of a large, busy acute hospital as outlined above. The eighteen month graduate programme begins with a two-week orientation, 1 day of nursing induction refresher and the remaining days tailored specifically to the Graduate’s needs in order to support them in their transition as registered nurses. Under the guidance of our skilled and dedicated nursing workforce, nurses then will have a choice to get into our rotational programme: complete a six-month medical placement, six month surgical placement followed by an optional six- month specialist placement.
St Vincent’s University Hospital also offers through their annual Continual Professional Development (CPD) an opportunity to expand our nurses with their career development through the development of managerial skills and the pursuit of further education and training.
Why St Vincent’s University Hospital is the best fit for you?
• Tertiary referral hospital with over 600 beds and a centre for international research
• Joint commission International (JCI) accreditation- only public hospital in Ireland accredited
• Teaching hospital affiliated with University College Dublin Healthcare Library on site with access to Hospital Athens account, UCD online journal access, and Joanna Briggs institute access
• Careful Nursing – First hospital in Ireland to pioneer the work on the nursing philosophy and professional practice model at ward level
• Care plans developed using Standardised Nursing Languages for Ward areas
• Access to supported induction and orientation programme
• Training and support for Clinical Audit for nurses
• Nurse led Research & Innovation Committee to support and drive nursing research
• Strong quality improvement ethos using Productive Ward and LEAN principles
• Patient centred – pilot site for ‘What matters to you’ national programme
• Comprehensive array of clinical practice policies and guidelines available for frontline staff
• Opportunity to enrol in CPD, post graduate and masters programmes
A Graduate Nurse Open Day will be held in St Vincent’s University Hospital on Tuesday, 30th April 2019 between 4 – 7 pm.
Informal Enquiries: Resourcing and Retention, HR Business Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the attached Job Description for this position, as this will not be available online after the vacancy close date.
Applications for St. Vincent’s University Hospital job vacancies will only be accepted through our Web Recruitment System.
|Contact Name:||Grainne Egan|
|Telephone:||01 221 6034|